Dental health is important to maintain your overall oral hygiene. If you inhibit any bacteria in your teeth, gums, or anywhere in your mouth, it can lead to several problems. Therefore, it is important to maintain your oral health through healthy habits. You should brush your teeth twice a day, floss, rinse, and clean your mouth properly. It would help if you also visited your dentist twice a year so that there are the best health facilities.
When you make an appointment with a dentist for regular checkups, you can expect a few things. In this article, we will discuss these points about what we should expect from dental health hygienist appointments. For a dentist servicing Littlestown, Hanover, and Gettysburg, PA, you can visit Hanover and get a consultation about your dental health.
What to Expect From a Dental Health Hygienist Appointment?
- Oral Hygiene Assessment: The dental health hygienist will review your medical and dental history. It is to check the medical conditions which can affect your oral health. Doctors carry out thorough assessments of your oral health so that there is no chance of any oral disease.
- Scaling: During regular dental checkups, doctors try to remove plaque and calculus build-up. Doctors conduct such treatment through hand instruments or a vibrating ultrasonic instrument.
- Stain Removal and Polishing. A regular dental checkup also provides an edge to you because, in this, doctors also try to remove any stain or discoloration from the teeth. There are also polishing services for your teeth to make them brighter.
- Fluoride Treatment: Doctors always recommend fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash as it strengthens the teeth. This fluoride also reduces the demineralization of tooth enamel, and therefore, doctors use it to strengthen your teeth.
- Mouth Guards: Mouth guards are a piece of equipment used in your mouth. It is a plastic guard that is used at various places like sports or any other activity, which can lead to injury in your mouth. This mouth guard will be a customized guard in which doctors take an imprint of your mouth, and a mouth guard will be ready within the next few days.
- Oral Hygiene Instructions: As per your oral health condition, doctors give instructions to you so that you can maintain your oral health more diligently.
- Sealants: Sealants are used to reduce the chances of tooth decay, and it is a preventive measure. Therefore, doctors use it to fill the grooves or the biting surface.
If you have any other problem in your mouth, you can ask your dentist, and they can solve it through treatment or any lifestyle change advice.